Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Poop On My Shirt

All mothers have been there...doing something we swore we never would do or swore our kids would never do (because they're perfect right?).  Well, this blog is a place for us to laugh along other mothers as their kids do things that our kids would NEVER do or rejoice together as our kids accomplish goals and overcome new challenges.  It is a place to share stories of mothering mishaps and mothering meltdowns and ways that we have changed all because of the children God has blessed us with.

I've been wanting to start this blog for some time but am just now getting around to it. As I blog stalk other moms (don't laugh...you do it too!) I love to read stories about what kids have gotten their parents into and have thought, "Wouldn't it be great to compile these stories in one place??" Like the time my sister-in-law had to break a window in her house after her 2-year old locked her out...or the time my friend Tracy's kid Sharpied the walls or covered her sister in Boudreaux's Butt Paste. Yes, we like to laugh along with them, but the truth is, we all have a similar story to share. 

So about the name...As I was getting ready for our church's Tenebrae Service this past Easter season I was running around (late as usual) trying to get the kids ready and get myself dressed.  I grabbed a shirt, threw it on and noticed a "spot" on it.  I quickly came to the conclusion it was poop from my then 6 month old and said, "Oh well...I don't have time to change."  So I went to church with POOP ON MY SHIRT and I didn't even care!!  This is a girl who used to iron her soccer uniform before a game or condemn an article of clothing after a pea-sized mark was set in and here I am heading to a sacred service with fresh baby excrement on me!  Ah yes...because I am a mother and being a mother has changed me.  How has it changed you?

Feel free to invite friends to join this blog but please follow the simple rules at the top of the page.  Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! And am excited to share with you all of my poop and non poop related mommy stories! thanks trish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! And, yes, I do have a miniscule amount of Baby C poop on my shirt at work today :) Love the background color that screams BREASTMILK POOPY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I was going for Carie...really.

    ReplyDelete