Sunday, August 29, 2010

Kids + Husbands = Stock in Shout

This post isn't just about my kids, it includes my husband...he's kind of like a kid.  I always say that my kids will never do anything to surprise me because my husband has probably already done it.  I have an amazing husband who will watch the kids without complaint whenever I want/need some girl time or me time.  This morning was no exception as I met some lovely ladies at Panera Bread for our book club.

When I returned home (to a flooded basement that has nothing to do with this story) my husband raved about how well the kids did for him and how much fun they had.  He said that he and Dakota went fishing while Corban took his nap.  Our dialog went a little something like this...

Jacob:  Dakota and I had so much fun fishing.
Me:  Looks like it!  I saw her muddy Crocs outside.
Jacob:  You should have seen her pants!
Me:  You mean the brand-new pants that she had on this morning?
Jacob:  Yea, those.

Enough Said.  See Exhibit A.


Ok, so in defense of Jacob, the shorts only cost $1.50 on clearance at Target but they were cute, and new, and clean.  I probably spent more than $1.50 on the amount of Shout that I sprayed on them so hopefully they'll come clean.  If not, oh well...the father-daughter bonding & mother-friend breakfast time was worth way more than the entire clearance rack at Target.  Thanks for letting me have that time buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment