Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I love my dog, I love my dog, I love my dog...

Hi gals! I put this post on my own blog, and then decided that it fits oh-so-well with what we're trying to do here, so enjoy! Sorry, no photos. Once you read the content, you'll understand!

Monday, 7:00 PM - Give dog soup bone from Mimi.
Monday, 9:00 PM - Call Mimi to thank her for soup bone - Spike is thoroughly enjoying it and has eaten about half of it.
Monday, 11:00 PM - Take Spike to bed after he has consumed entire soup bone.
Tuesday, 2:00 AM - Dog is making annoying licks on the carpet, ignore and go back to sleep.
Tuesday, 3:30 AM - Dog's licking turns to smacking of the lips and coughing, attempt to ignore and go back to sleep (slightly annoyed).
Tuesday, 5:00 AM - Can no longer ignore dog's coughing, which has turned to hacking. Bring him Harlie's babydoll's bathtub filled with cold water. Force him to drink. Attempt to go back to sleep.
Tuesday, 5:30 AM - Dog is on bed, as usual. Try to get comfortable with him under my legs.
Tuesday, 5:45 AM - Hear dog beginning to vomit; shove him in an attempt to keep the vomit off the bed. Think he's on the floor, but bed shakes with each heave. Wake Mike up and yell at him for shaking every time Spike pukes.
Tuesday, 7:00 AM - Mike gets up to shower and says, "Do you even know where the dog threw up?" I inspect entire bedroom, and find that I need to scrub the floor, change the sheets, scrub the mattress, and wash two comforters.
Tuesday, 7:30 AM - Thanks a lot, Mimi.

No comments:

Post a Comment